Thrifty ChicEdited by Retro Chick
There’s a thrifty feel abound in this weeks Links á la Mode. Maybe we’re all saving money for Christmas, or perhaps we’re all those recessionistas I hear so much about. Oranges and Apples spends a week living out of a capsule wardrobe to prove it can be done, Further Ado tells us why “Investment Dressing” is just another way that Fashion Magazines try and part us from our cash, Style Symmetry shows us 3 ways to work the same plaid blazer and Fashion is my Crush saves money by making her own studded vest (that’s a waistcoat if you’re British…)
As the end of October creeps closer and the nights draw in this weeks Links á la Mode also, inevitably, includes some Halloween inspiration from The New Wave and Style Amor along with the usual amazing mix of give-aways, interviews and reviews that we’ve come to expect.
Of course, if you need more tips and tricks remember to check out all the submissions for this week in the Links á la Mode thread.
Links à la Mode : October 22nd
- A Typical Atypical – Make me a… 1940’s wartime woman
- Awakened Aesthetic – Men need sexy shoes too! Awakened Aesthetic searches for the best men’s dress shoes…and all of them are vegan.
- Bobbins and Bombshells – Sharin Foo of The Raveonettes. A modern Hitchcock Blonde with a guitar.
- Fashion in my eyes – Revlon fantasy eyelashes review and giveaway
- Fashion is My Crush – DIY Embellished Vest: make your own hardware strewn vest with some beads, studs & chains.
- Fasshonaburu – Alyssa & Vyque go to the local Shecky’s Girl’s Night Out
- ferOHHHsh – Blatant Designer Knockoffs- Not just in the back of vans anymore.
- Further Ado – Investment dressing – is it a real investment, or another women’s magazine catch-phrase used to encourage us to buy, buy, buy?
- Idiosyncratic Style – Q & A with amazing photographer Dana Brushette
- kaKofonie Of si(gh)lenS – Emily Howse A look at an up-and-coming fashion graduate with a taste for ethical production, architectural inspired pieces, and plenty of ruffles.
- Little Miss Makeup – Brown is the new gray! Learn how to do a smoky eye for daytime.
- Oranges and Apples – The Capsule Wardrobe Challenge: Roundup and Reflections
- Prom Mafia – 80s Done Right: How to Rock the 80s Fashion Trend
- Retro Chick – Win an organic cotton jumper, worth £70 from Urban Buzz
- slsvgg Fashion – Lily Allen’s jewellery line has finally been released in Selfridges
- Style Amor – Need Costume inspiration with a bad ass fashionable twist?
- Style Symmetry – Three Ways to Wear a Plaid Blazer This Season!
- Styletastic – A roundup of SS2010 runway shoes – what will we all be wanting to wear on our feet next summer? (Or not as the case may be)
- The Coveted – Behind the Scenes at Christian Francis Roth
- The New Wave – DIY Halloween inspiration from the S/S 2010 runway shows
- The Working Wardrobe – Something to Remember: Your Work Attire Not Only Represents You, It Represents Your Workplace. Think Before You Dress.