The Countdown BeginsEdited by Dramatis Personae
The countdown has begun–not only until the end of the year–but until the end of the first decade in the 21st century. That’s kind of amazing to think about. Styletastic and Sway, Sway, Away! both look at fashion from the Oughts with two distinctly different visions. [the3st] interviews the founder of ModCloth, while Wicked & Whimsy reviews Closet Confidential (by the hilarious Winona of DaddyLikey fame!).
Since this will be my last edit of links a la mode for this year, see you all in 2010!
Links à la Mode : December 17th
- 39thandbroadway.com: – How Brands Get Burned By Celebs
- A Typical Atypical: – Suffering from Buyers Remorse: The Real Deal
- Brunette and Pink: – Makeup Tutorial: Leighton Meester Inspired Winged-out Smoky Eye Look
- DailyDivaDish – Create a sparkling New Year’s look with the Tarte Treasure Chest Giveaway. Enter to this limited edition kit.
- Friend in Fashion – Sugar and spice and all things nice – Unearthing the unique designs of the fabulous, Arizona based designer Monique Martinez, through the captive lense of Galaxie Andrews.
- Grit and Glamour: – The Trend Conundrum–rends are a tricky thing; what makes some women look so pulled together is not a wardrobe full of the latest styles and trends, but the ability to know which ones to avoid.
- i'm the it girl: – My Love Affair With Hermes and the Great Debate: Kelly or Birkin?
- Idiosyncratic Style: – 12 Great Holiday DIY Projects – give something special this year (even if you are short on time and money)
- kaKofonie Of si(gh)lenS: – My most amazing (and green!) find this year: Denim Therapy, a company who will restore your tattered favorite jeans to like-new condition. Seriously.
- La Société de Mode | The Fashion Society: – Combats are stomping their way back into style
- Pursed Lips: – Thoughts/quotes on Lady Gaga as a powerful tool, if a difficult one to reach, for designers.
- Style on a String – Getting down to the wire: Gifts for the Stylish Geek who is kind of Girly too
- Styletastic: – As the 00’s are coming to en end, we look back at the fashion memories that will define the decade. Ah the memories!
- Sway Sway Away!: – Sway Sway Away! presents Caitie’s bitching and moaning on the worst trends of the Aughts.
- THE COVETED – Love it or Leave it : Rodarte for Target
- The Fashion Planner: – The Fashion Planner shows you how to make a jaunty beret.
- The Working Wardrobe: – Beware of “business casual” being too casual for the workplace.
- tick tick heart: – A focus on the varying fashions of some of our quirkier leading ladies in film.
- White Rabbit: – Pros and Contras of Artificial Nails
- Wicked Whimsy: – Closet Confidential: A Review
- [the3st]: – Success & Getting There: Interview with Susan of ModCloth.com